Succinct Summation of Week’s Events 8.14
Succinct Summations for the week ending August 14th, 2020
1. Markets recover from midweek selloff to close up for the week.
2. Jobless claims fell from 1.191M to 963K w/o/w, below expectations.
3. Home mortgage apps rose 2.0% m/o/m.
4 CPI rose 0.6% m/o/m, above expectations.
5. Job openings rose from 5.371M to 5.889M in June, above below expectations.
6. PPI-FD rose 0.6% m/o/m, above expectations.
7. Consumer sentiment stands at 72.8 for August, above expectations.
1. POTUS admits to sabotaging election via USPS;
2. Retail sales rose 1.2% m/o/m, below previous increase of 8.4%.
3. Industrial production rose 3% m/o/m, below previous increase of 5.7%.
4. Business inventories fell 1.1% m/o/m, meeting expectations.
5. Import prices are down 3.3% and export prices are down 4.4% y/o/y.